What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is new way for government to help people with disability live a good life.
What does NDIS mean?
National Disability Insurance Scheme
This is money that the Government can use to help people with disabilities live a good life.
NDIA – National Disability Insurance Agency is the part of government that runs NDIS.
Most people just say NDIS or Disability mob or purple shirt mob.
Can I get help from the NDIS?
You or your child needs to
- be under 65 years of age, and
- have a developmental delay (for children under the age of 6), or
- have a disability that is permanent (permanent means you will always have it)
- you have concerns about your child’s development, or
- your disability makes it hard to do things and live a good life